Tuesday, March 9, 2010

FHU Lady Lions Stun Union Lady Bulldogs in the TranSouth Conference Championship




It's been a long time coming for the FHU Lady Lions to steal back the title of TranSouth Tournament Champions from the Union Lady Bulldogs. The last time FHU beat Union was in 2006 for conference regular season and tournament champs. That was my sophomore year and boy was it a great feeling to win back-to-back conference championships! I got the "bling" to prove it! But Last nights game was even more special for me. I am the Grad Assistant coach this year and the win for me was from a totally new prospective. I was so happy for the players and the seniors especially! I have never seen Tara or Jana play with so much heart! All their hard work paid off finally to kill Union's 60 home game winning streak. And it felt so good to beat them on their own court! I am so proud of my Lady Lions! Way to represent a proud alumni player!

Tournament MVP Jana Cross
After she came off the court I hugged her and told her how proud I was of her. Also I told her it was the best game of her life!


Senior Tara Deatheridge
I was so proud of her too because she played with that fire in her eyes!



Meribeth Boehler scored her 1000th point

That's my girl Meribeth!


The Trio!


FHU Lady Lions previous TranSouth Championships


No comments:

Post a Comment