Saturday, January 15, 2011

What Happened to Chilvary?


Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I guess secretly deep inside I wish I lived in an 80's movie with a great ending for the books. "I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. I want Ferris Bueller to rescue me and take me on a journey through Chicago. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason... Like the one in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. But no, my life is not directed by John Hughes." Maybe chivalry isn't dead...maybe it's just in hiding right now. Maybe one day it will pop up totally unexpected.



5 comments:

  1. We were meant for the 80's, Mere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chivalry isn't dead, but sometimes you might have to help the guy remember it : ). I'm all about some chivalry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another idea.....try dating a guy in his late 20s or 30's. Ive had better experience with them than the guys younger than 25.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a random dance scene in my life as well...we should reeanact Ferris Bueller soon, or hell, make our own!

    ReplyDelete